Monday, March 16, 2015

Reindeer Games ~ Come & Play With Me!



Happy Monday everyone!

R-Chee & I had so much FUN making a new collage last week that we made another one to share with you!

After our new friend appeared before our eyes & we heard him call out to us...

"Come & Play with Me"

Wax Crayons, Ink & Collage on paper

Melissa Langer ~ 2015



He was so FUN & Easy to make!

To create him...
I lightly painted a coat of gesso on a junk mail postcard mailer and let some of the background still show through.





After the gesso dried, I painted a light wash of watercolor over the gesso to add some color and let it pool to form water stained blobs to find a character in to bring out.

After turning the page this way and that to create some interesting shapes, I let it dry and pulled out my pencil and found a little dog to color in!

I pulled out my Neocolor 1 & 2 Wax crayons and started coloring him in.

He started to come to life and I finished his features with a bit of outlining with a black ink permanent marker.

The final step was to get out my old magazines and paste and cut out letters to form a message he was calling out loud and clear!

"Come & Play with Me!"


What a smart message!


We are all here to play & have FUN!


How will you play today?




Please leave us a note and let us know!

We cannot wait to hear all about it!

xoxoox
Melissa & R-Chee


2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

He is gorgeous! What a sweet expression. It would make the perfect Christmas card.
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

These creatures that you create are sooo fun for us to look at! Each and every one of them,.. and the best thing is,,, that we know your having fun!
love
twee