Monday, June 09, 2014

Warm Head & Heart ~ New Tunisian Crochet Hat & Cowl


Happy Monday Everyone!

I have a FUN project to show you that I just finished!

On Friday, Jimmie hinted to you that I was up to something with my Tunisian crochet hook and little balls of yarn from my stash.

And as promised... I am excited to show it to you today! :)

To tell you the truth, when I started this project, I was not sure what I was going to make.

I just felt like switching my stitches to Tunisian from my regular crochet for a bit while also working down the extra yarn I have in my stash so that I can buy more! :)

So I decided it would be FUN to make lots of little squares and figure out what it was going to be later.

From the first photo above, you can see I just made a whole pile of them until I was inspired to start sewing them together into something.

I love this time of year because I have some free time to create new things to enjoy, learn from and SHARE with you. :)

After sewing a few of them into rows of 3, I decided it would be neat to make it into another cowl scarf since I love the one I made last June and thought this tight Tunisian crochet fabric I created would be not only colorful but very warm on our cold Colorado Winter days that will arrive before we know it!



So I joined them together with regular sc back loop only crochet rows in between to give the cowl some stretchy give.



Ta Da!


I just love how it turned out!

You cannot see, but I am smiling under my new comfy cowl! :)


When I finished my cowl I still had some extra squares so I decided to make a hat!

Here is one side...


and this is the other!



Here is my new Hat and Cowl set for 2014!



When I was all done I still had extra squares so I made 2 more hats!
One for myself and one for my sister, Melly, which I forgot to snap a picture of.

I was so excited to give it to her that I wrapped it up and surprised her with it before I took any, but I will in the Fall when we wear them together and show you!

What FUN things are you up to today?

Please leave me a note and let me know!

I cannot wait to hear all about it!

xoxox
Melissa

2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Love your hats and cowl. So many scrumptious colours!
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You make magic everyday,, and we love seeing all the beautys you make!
love
twee