Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Cereal Box Book ~ The Book Pages!

 
Hi everyone!
 
Happy Thursday!
 
I am so excited to show you the inside of my completed Cereal Box Book!

 
As I mentioned last week, I was excited to see how my book pages would evolve.
 
I was not sure if my pop up dolls would be on the tops of the pages or stay stand alone and slipped inside the front pockets.



 
I decided to glue them to the tops of the pages and on the binding of the book so I could admire them all of the time. :)
 


 
I filled some of the pages with the doodle pugs I created in our warm up activiites that we did each day at the beginning of class.
 
Some of the doodles I left as drawings and others I decided to color in with colored tissue paper layers and yarn!

 
I also left many of the pages blank to fill in with art I will create from lessons in Carla's new book that will be released any day!
 
I cannot wait for it to arrive!
 
What a great project this is!
 
It feels really good to have a wonderful space to add little bits of art that I can create at anytime!




 
I have displayed my new book in my studio right next to my desk to inspired me to create a little bit of whimsy everyday!
 
How FUN! :)
 
What are you up to today?
 
Please leave me a note and let me know!
 
I cannot wait to hear all about it!
 
xoxoxo
Melissa & Archie
 

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What an adorable little book! You are so creative and so talented, Melissa!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

tubby3pug said...

You are so talented. I think w may try to make one of those books, it wont be anywhere as good as yours though. Some of the students at mom's school might like to make it as well

urban hounds

Lisa M Griffin said...

I am all for whimsy! Fun share. :)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh your little book is precious!
We love it!!! You make things so fun!
Thank you for always sharing your inspirations with us!
love
twee