Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Art of Silliness!

Hi everyone!

My talented friend, Carla Sonheim, just created the most wonderful online class!

It is called the Art of Silliness and for 30 days we get to play like we did when we were kids.

Here are all of the details... Please click here to learn more or sign up.

What a wonderful way to welcome in Spring! I cannot wait to play and see my workbook I create at the end of the month of activity sheets!

From Carla...

The Art of Silliness
Daily Activity Sheets for Adults
An Online Workshop with Carla Sonheim
April 1-30, 2010

Hello!
People have asked me periodically if I am going to do an online workshop. So far, and until last night, my answer was “not now.” If I was going to go the online route, I wanted the offering to be unique and offer something new and different, something that wasn’t already out there, and something that was uniquely “me.” Until now the idea for an online class eluded me.
But last night I got an idea…. Activity Sheets! Handouts! Worksheets! (Do you remember the workbooks we used to get as kids? Remember how fun they were?)
As a workshop teacher, my goal is to help adult students recover a more child-like approach to creating. To loosen up… shed those fears, and just let the joy of creating be the primary focus. That’s what this workshop will be about.

Here’s the scoop:

• Every day I will create an Activity Sheet just for you. Worksheets may include one or ten of the following: drawing exercises (can’t draw? YES YOU CAN!), journaling prompts, a poem to illustrate, writing exercises, more drawing games, collage prompts, arty puzzles, scribbling assignments… (just to name a few). FUN!
• Each day you will receive an email from me with a url link to the new pdf handout, which you can download, print, and complete!
* The email will also include quotes, stories, and knock-knock jokes. (HAHA)
• 30 days, 30 handouts. At the end of the class you can bind them all together for your very own Silliness Workbook!
• They will be created daily as the month goes on… in other words, this course is not preplanned down to the finest detail. It’s more of an organic approach — kind of like being a kid can be!
• Our goal: to get you to just PLAY, just 10 minutes a day, with pen and paper, thoughts and images. (You will be surprised how a shot of silliness like this will positively inform the other goings-on in your day, including your regular artwork.)
• Every handout will have a “Taking It Further” section, in case you want to spend MORE than 10 minutes that day creating like a kid.
• Speaking of kids… this is a perfect class to do together with your children!! Each household can download as many sheets as they like.
• A blog dedicated to the class will be created and administered throughout the month and will be the place for you to post comments, questions, and/or links to your finished Activity Pages.
• The 30 handouts will be up and available for download until May 31st,, if for some reason you need to miss a day.
• I promise to make it fun. (Do you want to join me?)
Cost: $25
April 1-30, 2010

3 comments:

Ritobear said...

WOW that class sounds like so much stinkin' fun!!! I want to see the silliness you and Emmitt create!

Smushie Ranch said...

We can't wait to see what you and Emmitt create. Mom can't draw to save her life, so we're countin' on you guys to represent us pugs!

Love,
Stella, Gunther and Betty

Tweedles -- that's me said...

My mommy is silly and she is seriously thiking of becoming more silly.
Thank you for telling us Melissa, I think everyone could handle a little dose of sillyness every now and then,
love
tweedles