Monday, March 09, 2015

Simply Bark Out LOVE!


Happy Monday everyone!

R-Chee & I had so much FUN making a new collage today!

After our new friend appeared before our eyes we heard him bark out a message that we had to collage!

"Simply Bark Out Love"

Wax Crayons, Ink & Collage on paper

Melissa Langer ~ 2015




To create him...


I lightly painted a coat of gesso on a junk mail postcard mailer and let some of the background still show through.



After the gesso dried, I painted a light wash of watercolor over the gesso to add some color and let it pool to form water stained blobs to find a character in to bring out.

After turning the page this way and that to create some interesting shapes, I let it dry and pulled out my pencil and found a little dog to color in!

I pulled out my Neocolor 1 & 2 Wax crayons and started coloring him in.

He started to come to life and I finished his features with a bit of outlining with a black ink permanent marker.

The final step was to get out my old magazines and paste and cut out letters to form a message he was loudly barking from his heart to me...



"Simply Bark Out LOVE"


Ta Da!

That was FUN!

What FUN things are you doing this week?

Please leave me a note and let me know!

R-Chee & I would love to hear all about them!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee

2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

That looks fabulous! What a great way to use your junk mail. Love the way you have let some of it show through, it really gives it a distressed look.
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You can create magic everywhere you go!! This is sooo cool!
love
tweed