Thursday, October 08, 2009

Craft Weekend Day 2

Day 1 of Craft weekend was so fun! We woke up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and crafted all day and into the night. :)

When we finally fell into bed, the moon was full and shining brightly, and it was still there watching over us on Sunday morning when we woke up again before dawn.

Melly and I are both very early risers so it was so fun to have someone to talk to so early. I usually get up before Fred and the pug and make breakfast for both of them and call their sleepy heads down to the kitchen.

Melly and I both just popped up at 5am and started crafting! It was so fun! Just like when we were kids. We shared a room when we were little and would get up early and play for hours before our parents woke up. I had forgotten about that until this weekend.

After breakfast, we started two more hangers and then took a break to crochet.


I worked on my new bear for The Mother Bear Project and Melanie worked on her squares for the afghan she is making. I taught her how to make my favorite flower squares.

Ta Da!




She got them all done! The next step is to lay out the daisy squares, traditional granny squares, and bobble squares and sew them together into a blanket! I will keep you posted as we do this in the coming weeks.

When Melanie was not crocheting or working on our hangers, she was sewing wool teddy bears together.



Look how wonderful they are!

They just need stuffing, bow ties and needle felted faces!
I will show them to you soon when they are all done.


We stayed as long as we could on Sunday before driving through the mountains back home to Boulder. It even snowed on us a little bit on the highest pass before our descent into the rain. They were my first snowflakes of the year.
Melanie lives about 1500 feet above Boulder in the foothills so she has already gotten some snow at her house this year. :)
I hope to have Emmitt's sweater all done before our first snow. I will show it to you again as soon as it is done.
Thanks for tuning in to see what we made on our craft weekend. We plan to have another one in November. I promise to take you along again and show you what we make!
I also wanted to let you know that our internet service has been up and down this week because the city is ripping up the streets in our neighborhood. :) The fun news is that our streets and sidewalks are going to look all shiny and new!
I promise to get all caught up on everyone's posts as soon as the internet fairies give us a portal of consistent connect time! Heee! :)
Maybe Emmitt and I will get to sneak our paw prints into a corner of one of the squares. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

16 comments:

Manon said...

It's a crafting retreat Melissa!! Sounds like a blast! I love what you girls are making!

Salinger The Pug said...

What a fun time crafting and bonding with your sister!!!!

Ok...those wool bears are ADORABLE and remind mom of sock monkeys (which she LOOOOOVES!).

VERY nice projects!

Love,
S-Dog

Laura said...

Those flower squares brought back memories - I used to make them too! You sure had a wonderful weekend (except for the 5 a.m. wake up call)!

Mare said...

I love all the things you two made togehter but more than that i especially love the fact that you are so loving and close and take the time to reconnect like this. You are both so sweet...

Kelly said...

Hi Melissa! I love hearing about your crafting time with Melanie! I have always wanted a sister for that very reason- sharing old memories and making new ones!
Hugs to Emmitt!
xoxo Pearl

marianne said...

Those bears are really cool!!!!
Snow? yikes! Where are you?

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! It looks like Melanie's afgan is going to be so pretty!

Mia said...

Such a great weekend!! Can't wait to see all the finished projects!!!

Jess & Lilo

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

More fun projects and made even more fun doing them together - you two are such great sisters.

Woos, the OP Pack

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

*SNOW!*



Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: More great work with your human paws!

Puglette said...

hi melissa, thanks for sharing your fun craft weekend with us. the crafts are all very cute and look like fun projects. but my favorite part has been the peek into being a twin and so close to your sister. my mom was a twin and she told such great stories about the fun they had. my sister and i are close, but she is 20 years older than me. your posts always make having a twin seem like the best thing ever!
big hugs to you both,
puglette
:o)

Molly the Airedale said...

You girlz are having a great time crafting together!
We can't wait for the snow to fall here! We love snow!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Ruby's Raiser said...

Love those bears! So nice that you had a wonderful time with your sister. :)

Dana Orsborn said...

I'm glad you two had such a fun time crafting! I wish I could get up that early to start my projects. Love
the bears and the little sweater
for Emmitt. Have a great
weekend!

Dana & Penny

Unknown said...

Sounds like you two sisters had a fantastic weekend, crafting! You both look great in your sweaters, and I love all the wonderful projects!! Stay warm!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
We love hearing about the fun times you have with Melanie.
You always find ways to create and be crafty and have a good time at it. Not only that , but the memories you will always remember. We love all the projects you both are working on. You make crafting look so fun.
love
tweedles