Sunday, January 20, 2008

Felt for Feet... Fun!

Melanie and I had a wonderful day yesterday making felted wool slipper booties at our favorite yarn store in Boulder, Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins.
The process took about 8 hours to leave with perfectly molded slippers to feet our feet.
The first step is to tear the 6 oz of wool roving bat over the plastic bootie pattern in several criss crossing layers.



The next step is to pour hot soapy water onto the wool and start shaping it around the form.


Then you get to add color and design by adding more wool is different colors.


After adding more hot water, soap and lots of agitating pressure with your hands, you eventually get booties that fit your feet.




Voila!


Melanie's Slippers


Ahhh... It is time for me to put my feet up and have a cup of coffee in my new booties!

6 comments:

The Devil Dog said...

Wow, I bet your feet stay nice and warm in those. Mom is looking at them with a little envy in her eyes. What a neat store.

Roxy

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa...

WOW!!! those are so cool and would be so nice and cozy....I saw some stuff on felting but never tried it yet....

Thanks for the note....glad your husband is still thinking about the potatoe flower...I just made one for my husband tonight....I just like the way it looks....and he loved the flavour....

I have a lasagna waiting for you...

Have a wonderful night...

Cheers,
Diana

Weeny&Daisy said...

OOOO! Those slippers look so comfy! We want to lay on them! You are so clever to have made them!

Love Weeny and Daisy xx xx

Moira said...

Awesome! See, you never cease to amaze me!

Linda O'Neill said...

Those are so cute, Melissa! You and Melanie just ooze creativity and I love it!

Now you just have to make some teeny tiny boots for Emmitt.:)

Unknown said...

Emmitt WOULD be cute in booties. I love yours! I bet your feet are nice and toasty now! Awesome.