Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Tunisian Crochet ~ New Owl Doll


Happy Tuesday everyone!

R-Chee & I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

Labor Day traditionally marks the end of the hot Summer to welcome in the fresh cooler breezes of Fall.

I thought it would be FUN to celebrate this special time of year by crocheting a new owl doll this weekend.

I made him without a pattern and combined the techniques of tunisian crochet, freeform crochet and traditional crochet stitches to make this fun fellow.




The first step was to create the body shape by making what looked like a long rectangle or short scarf with the tunisian crochet stitch to form the body and head.

When my long rectangle was done, I folded it in half and sewed up the sides with matching yarn and my yarn needle.

Then I stuffed him and partially closed up the bottom to form the beginnings of leg openings.




The final steps were done by pulling out my traditional crochet hook and using freeform crochet techniques to make the eyes, wings, sash, beak, under eye feathers and feet.


Ta Da!

He is all done!

I think he looks cute in my collection of other tunisian crochet and freeform crochet dolls I have made over the years.

What a FUN project!

What fun things are you doing?

Please leave us a note and let us know!

We would love to hear all about them!

xoxox
Melissa & R-Chee


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa and Archie!
I love your owl! I too used this weekend to be creative! I made polymer clay seashells that are charms to be put on a necklace. I have two Puggies, Emma and Blossom. They are a lot of fun, along with their 'brother,' my Siamese cat. I love to see what you are making, and share in your creativity! Have a great day! :)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

And that little owl is tooooo cute!
love
tweedles