Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Freeform Crochet ~ My FUN Fiber Flower Garden is Growing!


Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am having so much FUN creating a Fiber filled flower garden this Summer!


It is sprouting up everyday with new colors & textures right before my eyes without a plan or a pattern. :)

I am really enjoying the process of picking up my hook to combine all my favorite stitches like bobbles, bullions, fans, and single, double and half double crochets into magical little blooms.

Each one is pretty by itself, but when I pick up my yarn needle & join them like a puzzle to form a solid fabric, I get something spectacular!


I recently showed you my Freeform Crochet Pug Doll that I made from the fabric I created in an online Freeform Crochet Class on Craftsy with Myra Wood.




Well, I loved him so much that I could not wait to get started on my next project.

To add to the FUN and ease of working without a pattern, I treated myself to trip to The Container Store!

I love any excuse to find neat containers to organize my projects.

I came home with a little red cart to make my yarn stash portable and easy to access anywhere I want to work... even outside in my outdoor garden! :)



Now I it is easy to work & watch it grow!

I do not have a plan for this new project but the idea of creating a unique wall hanging is exciting to me.

I will keep you posted on how it grows as I go! :)

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee





3 comments:

Samantha said...

Love that crochet work! So cute!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Your crochet flowers are gorgeous!
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Your little red cart is just perfect for all the yarns to sleep in,,
waiting to be chosen to be just the right color for another of the little wild flowers. All the yarns want to be chosen, and be made into your beautiful flower garden! The flowers are sooo pretty!
love
twee