Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Straight from the Birdy's Beak ~ Crochet a Village ~ Birdy Hut #2!


Happy Tuesday everyone!

It  is me...
Gilbert!

I am a very busy bird today!

I have been playing with & sleeping next to, on top of and now for the 1st time, INSIDE of, my new birdy hut that my mom made for me last week!




It is so soft and comfy that I can sit in luxury on it while playing with all of my toys that hang around it!

I also love to snuggle up against it & lean on it for a bit of support while I doze off in the afternoons.







When she saw me in the hut sleeping & making purring noises this morning, I think I made her whole month because she made another one for Cousin Ollie to enjoy too!

I think she finally realized how much I love her giftie!

I am so glad I made her so happy and now Ollie has his very own hut too!



Ta Da!

I feel like we are creating villages of birdy huts over here!

Oh My!

I just thought of something...

I bet a crocheted grass skirt is next!

I guess Ollie and I had better brush up on our hula dancing!

Tee Hee!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

What FUN things are you doing today?

Please leave me a note and let me know!

I cannot wait to hear all about them and share them with R-Chee.

xoxoxo
Gilbert

5 comments:

Millie and Walter said...

Looks like something to add to your shop. I bet there are other birdies that would love one of those.

Cindy

Ritobear said...

You're a very lucky lil bird, Gilbert! You have an awesome mama!

Sketching with Dogs said...

We think your mum has found a new line in crochet bird huts!
You are one spoiled little parrotlet Gilbert :)
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Melissa, that bird cozy is totally fabulous. Cage birds do love snuggly sleeping spots. A friend has a conure who sleeps in a hammock tent in his cage :D

Wendy Swenne said...

This is just so cute!!!

Love to see all the pictures.

Do you have a pattern for it?