Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fireworks Fiber Bowl & Sculpture!


Happy Tuesday everyone!

Yesterday I shared my first crochet + wool roving bowl that I made and here is bowl #2!

I finished it right before the 4th, and I think I had 4th of July celebrations & fireworks displays in my head as I chose the colors! :)

I used The Ruby Red Amazing Yarn from Lion Brand + blue and white wool roving to create this neat bowl.





I finished it the same way as the first bowl and then sewed on some wood beads to the bobble edging.


I thought it would be fun to make a sculpture to sit inside my bowl so I took some wool roving and wound it around a cardbord paper towel core.  I then put a ceramic button that I purchased from my friend Tara Ross and some felted wool bead balloons that I made.

How FUN!

I just love how it turned out!

I just finished a 3rd bowl that I will show you next week so I do not bore you with all of these bowls that I am addicted to making now! :)

What FUN things are you doing this week?

Please leave me a note and let me know!

I cannot wait to hear all about them!

xoxoxo
Melissa & Archie

4 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Another beautiful bowl! I love the colours you have chosen and the little wooden beads work perfectly.
Love your sculpture, very quirky and fun.
Lynne x

Molly the Airedale said...

This bowl is just as pretty as the first one is, Melissa! You do such beautiful work!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Meredith LeBlanc said...

I love the bowl with the sculpture! It reminds me of the birthday cake my Mom made for me with a doll in the center with the cake as the big hoop skirt. The great thing about yours is that it will last a lot longer!!!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Tweedles -- that's me said...

This is the happiest bowl that we ever did see!
The colors are spectacular!
We like the sculpture too,,, a nice little home for it!
love
twee