Friday, September 03, 2010

The Peach Festival ~ 2010



Happy Labor Day Weekend!
I cannot believe it is here already!
I've been wanting to tell you all week about last weekend!
Fred and I went to the fun Peach Festival in Lafayette, CO.

It is always a wonderful fair filled with my two favorite things... Fresh fruit and art! :)



I happily bought both a bag of peaches and some fun art pieces!

We had so much fun that I was inspired to crochet some peaches that evening.
I got the pattern from one of my favorite shops on Etsy, Crochetroo.


Blushing Peach

Small Peach

... and Fred was inspired to make a peach crumb cake!

Yummy!

Fred loves this crumb cake recipe. He just adds whatever fruit we have in the house.
For this cake he used 3 large peaches instead of the cherries, but he has made it in blueberry and strawberry rhubarb versions too and loved them all.
What do you have planned for the holiday weekend? Please leave us a note and tell us all about it! We cannot wait to hear!
xoxoxox
m & e

8 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your crocheted peaches are too cute, Melissa!
That crumb cake looks delicious!

Laura said...

I'm ready for breakfast, and I sure wish that peach crumb cake was waiting for me downstairs! Have a fun weekend. Love all your new crochet pieces!

LydiaAndPugs said...

Yum! That crumb cake looks delish! Looks like you all had fun! :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

Life inspiring art indeed! Looks like a great day. :)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We love your crocheted peaches! They are so beautiful! And Fred's
peach crumb cake,,,,, ohhhh we wish for some! And such a beautiful photo.
I remember the good time you had last year at the peach festival.,,, and wowee- you got to go again. And had such a good time!!!
We love peaches so much.
Tomorrow is the Dahlia Festival with Diane and Gail,and Kong. We so wish you and Melanie could arrive and surprise us.... then the picture would be complete- just like old times. We miss you
love
tweedles

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Hello Melissa!!
How fun!!

Super cute crocheted fruit!!

The weather is really cool here in Elgin so nice outside weather to bring the puggies out with us to the neighborhood festivities~

Hugs!!
Katy & Pugga's

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh Melissa, that is making my mouth water! I will have to try it, I am like a crack addict for cake, lol.
Your peaches are fabulous, the crochet patterns for food are such fun.
Lynne xx

Peng Peng said...

now u have me drooling!
for holiday weekend, husband painted the deck and i was busy sewing :)