Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tunisian Crochet ~ New Lion Doll



Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am so excited to show you my new lion doll I just finished!

It is the newest free-form Tunisian Crochet doll in my collection.

I just love how he turned out!

I never know what will appear when I start. :)


I think he is adorable from the top of his head down to his little toes!


Ta Da!

His expression just cracks me up.

It has so much personality!

He looks like he is trying to look tough on the outside, but is really a softie on the inside.

He is just like the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of OZ! :)

To create it, I hand embroidered his face and his unique glass eyes are from Germany.

They are the same ones I have been using for all of my other dolls I have made recently. :)



The head and body are made in Tunisian Simple Crochet Stitch and are like one long scarf that I folded in half and stuffed.











To form the ears, I pinched and sewed the corners of his head.



... and to form the mane, I wove in some pom pom Pomp-a-Doodle yarn from Red Heart.





His arms, feet and tail were made free-hand with single crochet and bobble stitches. 











How FUN!

Now he is spending his days enjoying the sunshine with his new friends!



What FUN things are you creating?

Please leave me a note and let me know!

I would love to see and hear all about it!

xoxoxoox
Melissa & R-Chee

2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

He is so wonderful, I just love his mane!
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

And I just know they will be the best of friends. I think little lion might have a gentle roar for a voice.
Is that right?
He is soo cute.
love
tweedles