Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Two is Twice as Nice ~ Crochet Kokeshi Twins

 
Happy Wednesday everyone!
 
I am so excited to show you the little Kokeshi Twins I just made for Melanie and me!
 
I recently did an exchange of them with my friend Lynne and loved making & receiving them so much that I could not wait to make two more for us to enjoy too!
 

 
I used luxurious Lion Brand Baby Alpaca Yarn for the faces and hair and a happy variegated combo for the bodies.
 
I found the flower buttons at Joanns Fabrics and the special little goldfish buttons at the Quilt Affair Show that Melanie and I went to together in September. :)



 
I think it is so FUN that the way I take a short break from crocheting orders is to either learn a new form of crochet ~ Tunisian Crochet ~ or make other crochet art pieces.
 
I truly LOVE what I do and LOVE sharing it with you!
 
Thank you for always playing with me and R-Chee!
 
Have a Super Day everyone!
 
xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee
 
 

6 comments:

The Daily Pip said...

The twins are adorable!

Your pal, Pip

Millie and Walter said...

Those are super cute! I love all the button embellishments.

Cindy

Sketching with Dogs said...

I love your Kokeshi twins and the buttons are the perfect touch!
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

The Kokeshi twins are so beautiful!
love
tweedles

marianne said...

cute cute cute!!!

Mare said...

I love these little dolls Melissa! Those buttons you added are just perfect! I'm taking a break from "production" too to make my new granddaughter Zoey a Bunny Buddy blanket and a little Christmas Gnome that she can hold in her little hand. Have a great day! Love, mare