Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Melissa Doodles ~ Let Go & Have FUN!


Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I have been having so much FUN taking a few minutes to doodle everyday!

It is a freeing exercise that you can quickly do on the computer, in a journal or on a scrap piece of paper that will make you smile.

I never know what I will create!

I just put some colors down for a background and see what shapes appear that inspire me to sketch a form and bring it to life.

One of my favorite artists is Carla Sonheim

She has fabulous & inspiring books, tutorials, online classes and a blog where she shares her magic with us.

She teaches us how to just let go & have fun drawing and creating!

Many years ago, she inspired me to create a series of fun drawings I call Melissa Doodles.

I wrote a tutorial for you on how I make them so you can play too!  :)

I love the new things that appear when I make them and also the energy the daily doodling stirs up in my heart that grows and grows & moves me to make new art. :)

I just got this easy to use software called Sketchbook by Autodesk to create this new series of doodles that I am excited to share with you.

My latest one is above for you to enjoy!

Please email me if you make any too!

I would LOVE to post yours along with mine as we play and create together!

xoxoxo
Melissa & Archie

4 comments:

Meredith LeBlanc said...

This is wonderful! I'm a doodler too and I'm sure if Scarlet could hold a pen she would be too. Of course she'd just draw treats...

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Sketching with Dogs said...

That is such a great idea!
I will have to look at your tutorial, I enjoy scribbling sometimes :)
Lynne x

Molly the Airedale said...

You are such a creative and talented person, Melissa! I love everything that you create!

Love ya lots
Mitch

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We love this "doodle" and love the special words that tell us how to make our heart and minds happy, if we can do what you say- and let go.
I see Archie Poo when I close my eyes.
love
tweedles