Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Yarn Painting ~ Black Pug


Happy September everyone!

Emmitt and I are so excited about heading into our favorite season ~Fall ~ that we are celebrating with a new yarn painting!

I just love how this little black pug turned out!

The colors and textures really remind me of warm sweaters, cool breezes and leaves changing colors!

I took pictures of the different stages of painting him with yarn for you to enjoy...


Ta Da!
In celebration of my 5th pug yarn paining, I have made a set of all of the images as note cards on Etsy for you to enjoy.

or... like all of my other yarn paintings, you can also get a set of all black pug note cards or a signed print if you like him best. :)

What fun ways are you welcoming the season change in your part of the world?
Please leave us a note and tell us all about them. We cannot wait to hear!

Fred, Emmitt and I are going to drive into the mountains for the next couple of weekends to see all of the colors change.

Fred is really enjoying his photography classes so we will have some great shots to share with you soon.
xoxoxo
m & e

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Melissa this is wonderful! You have so much patience and talent, not to mention a very helpful studio assistant. : ) I think if I ever tried to do anything with yarn I'd be rescuing it from Howie the whole time I was working... : )

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh Melissa!!

Happy September to you too!!

What a great piece!! I love these yarn projects so~

Lots of Apple picking, pumpkin patches, hikes, sight seeing, LOVE THE FALL!!!
As well as my little guys!! They get out more with the walks and Pug Jam is coming up too!!

Hugs!! and give
Kisses to Emmitt

Katy and gang

artpaw said...

Love your fiber mosaics!

zenmasterlars said...

These are so happy!!!! They really make us smile :):):) Oooooooh the mountains with the leaves changing! How wonderful and can't wait to see the photos! We don't get the leaf changes here in Texas much...just a tiny bit. I think we will be making some pumpkin bread and bringing out everything that is orange :):):) xo

Molly the Airedale said...

Another brilliant yarn Puggie, Melissa!
We can't wait to see your mountain foliage photos!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Liss said...

I just love these! So creative and unique!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We are SOOOOOOO ready fur Fall too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Krista said...

This is great!

Those Elgin Pugs said...

hee hees... it's us again!!
We's got yous message and we's likes yous new little message pho-toes of 'da Puggie head!! Too Cute!!

Hugs!!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Happy September!
We love all these pug yarn creations. We could not pick a favorite ,,, EVER!
I know you will be catching some great fall colors when Fred starts taking photos of autumn leaves and trees and mountain beautys. Sound like fun,
love
tweedles

Sketching with Dogs said...

You have done that so well, black is the most difficult colour to find contrasts for but I love the other colours you have chosen Melissa.
Lynne xx