Monday, November 04, 2013

Create a Collage with Catalogs ~ Street Car



Happy Monday everyone!


R-Chee & I decided celebrate the new month of November with a quick collage made with scraps of colorful paper from torn catalogs & magazines and some kids' watercolor paints on a small 5 x 7 piece of watercolor paper.

I used the same technique I showed you when I recently made my parakeet collage, but I used watercolor paints to fill in the background instead of making one that I created in photoshop. :)





The first thing I did was make a quick pencil sketch of the street car and its surroundings.

It is important to be fast & free with your sketch and not get too picky!

Remember this is supposed to be FUN!



Then I tore only 3 pages from the catalogs with colors that I liked on the page and tore shapes, textures, people & numbers from them to fill in the street car by applying them with matte medium and a small brush!
Try not to tear too many pages out of the catalogs so that you do not get overwhelmed with the choices in front of you.

Fast & FUN!




The last 2 things I did to finish the scene were to quickly paint in patches of color for the background trees, grass, & shadows.

When the paint dried I took a fine black pen and filled in some defining lines and Voila!

I love to try new things to breathe new ideas and creativity into my current work by quickly shifting gears for a minute to play with something new.

I never know what I am going to end up with, but that is the FUN part.

Remember...it does not have to be a masterpiece!

Art is an expression of energy, life and process that we learn from.  It is part of our journey...not a destination. :)

Everyone is creative!

Whether your paint brush is has bristles or is a spatula in the kitchen or a keyboard you type on...
 
It is a tool to express YOU!

Have a super day everyone!

What are you up to today?

R-Chee and I are happily crocheting Dog Sweater Vests.

Please leave us a note to tell us you are doing!

That way we can do it together!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee

2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Love it Melissa, your collage pictures are fantastic!
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

What a wonderful job you did!
love
twee