Monday, August 12, 2013

Batik Owl Pillow


Happy Monday everyone!

I am so excited to show you the new batik I just finished!

This is the 3rd batik I have made so far! 

In case you missed them, here are the links to my bull and rabbit pillows. :)

To make my owl, I sketched out a couple of ideas and then picked the one I liked the best to draw in pencil on a piece of cotton fabric.






After I sketched him out, I painted on the gutta resist to save the white lines and then started painting in the color with the fabric dyes.







When it was all done, I sewed it on to a 20 x 20 green pillow that I had just asking to be decorated! :)

My final step was to hand-sew an orange pom pom trim border!

Voila!

A new pillow to add to my decor!

I just love how it turned out!

It was so much FUN to do that I already have my 4th one in the works!

I promise to have it ready to show it to you next week!

What FUN things are you doing this week?

Please leave me a note and let us know!

We cannot wait to hear all about them!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee

1 comment:

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh we love this owl pillow! Look at his little feet clutching the branch!
And such a sleepy happy little face!
love
twee