Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Funnies ~ Emmitt the PUGsicle



Happy Friday everyone!

Emmitt here with a funny story. :)

Would you believe that at dinner the other night, my pawrents made me into a PUGsicle?

Well... They actually did not mean to do it.
Here is what happened...

Scene 1: I enter the kitchen where my mom is making dinner. I start singing and dancing for my nightly serving of a handful of frozen green beans right out of the bag.

Yummy!



Scene 2: Nom Nom Nom
Scene 3: Mom runs upstairs for a moment while dad comes dowstairs to help with dinner.
Scene 4: I sing and dance again so dad gives me an even bigger handful of frozen green beans that he did not know I already had!

Scene 5: Nom Nom Nom * chuckle chuckle, wink wink*
Scene 6: oooooO! Brain freeze and tummy freeze! Oooooo!
I do not feel so good!
What's that? Mom and dad are worried about me. I think they think I am having some sort of *episode*. Ohhhh how do I tell them it is an over dose on frozen green beans?
See.... um.... I do not chew... I swallow everything pretty much whole and a whole bunch of these...

turned into this...

in my tummy.
So I shook for 45 minutes while my parents tried to figure out what was going on with me.
Not until much later that evening did they figure out I had played the "starving pug needs green beans card" on both of them.


Uh oh! I was exposed!
Who woulda thunk it that green beans could be so sinister?
Moral of the story...
Pawrents' point of view: Always consult each other on what Emmitt has just said while the other one is out of the room. :)
Emmitt's point of view: Ask pawrents to please warm my green beans! Sheesh!

Heee! Do you have any funny stories you would like to share? Please tell me and do not spare any details. I need some new ideas on how to keep my pawrents on their toes. :)
Have a super duper weekend everyone!
xoxoxo
Emmitt
Over and *thawed* out!

23 comments:

GAIL said...

Kong's cure for bad breath; sneak and eat 1 pack of dry instant oatmeal. His kisses smelled like maple for about 1 week!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh no Emmitt, we would say there is a lesson for you to learn if we didn't love you so much (and if we weren't so greedy ourselves, hehe)
Hope you managed to defrost okay.
Dinah has colitis and we have to be extra careful what she eats but she still manages to grab stuff that drops, silly girl.
Wags and kisses, Dinah Bridget and Elliot xx

Molly the Airedale said...

We've had frozen green beans too, Emmitt, but not as many as you got in one sitting!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That was a funny story, Emmitt. It is a good thing your Aunty wasn't there to or you might have had an iceberg in your tummy.

Happy Friday, Phantom and Thunder

Paula said...

Emmitt; Belly freeze...oh no! So glad the frozen part of the green beans melted away in your belly. I realize that the pug speaks through his tummy, but be careful. Could of caused your Mom and Dad a trip to the E-vet with worry.

Bandit, Paisley, & Smokey all love fresh crisp ones straight out of the garden. I put in a small garden just for them.

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Melissa,

Sorry little Emmitt had a tough time with those frozen beans...glad he is feeling better.

I love your sweaters from the below post Melissa...I need to order one for my little Willow, he gets so cold at this time of the year going outside. I think one of those will be just wonderful for him.

Ruth

Mare said...

Gee Emmitt, of course you wouldn't think that something so good for you could be sort of bad in LARGE doses... Feel better buddy!

The Devil Dog said...

Poor Emmitt, while I love green beans, I am not so sure I would eat frozen ones. Nice trick on your pawrents, though.

Roxy

Unknown said...

EmmittPants, this here is Doctor Howie. Next time you gets a tummy freeze, tell yer maw to give you three of these and call me in the mornin. (gives Emmitt a large cup of warm salt free chicken broth).
And tell her to mail me sum of them frozen crunchy green beans. I gots an idea I want to try out on AnnieSmelly.
your good pal,
Pee Man
PS - Maw said to tell yer Maw (sheesh, wutt am I, the Pony Express here??), anyway maw sez to tell yer maw she blogged about her 2day.

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh Emmitt...you silly boy!!!! You are like me...I don't really like to chew either!!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm a frozen peas kinda girrrrrl!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

dw said...

Oh Emmitt, you little stinker you! Brain...er...tummy freeze isn't good. Maybe one serving of frozen green beans would have been enough... did you learn your lesson? (Prolly not! Heeeeeeeee!)

Anonymous said...

Oh Emmitt!! lol

Gus and Indy have gotten extra meals sometimes by playing the hungry and i haven't eaten card! Oops!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

BOL!! We agrees with Emmitts view, warm ups the green beans then double doese are oks!

Stubby said...

Hi Emmitt! Your story cracked me up! I always play the hungry card with my parents and they always fall for it. If Mom feeds me and then leaves the house, I pretend like I'm starving and then Dad feeds me again. Yummy!

I think some mini-meatloaves would help your thaw out!

Stubby xoxo

Hank said...

"Over and thawed out".....huh huh huh! That's a good 'un, bud!

You are one tough cookie! I GOTTA have my green beans room temp!

Melanie, Moe, Ollie said...

Emmitt - you are so funny! You are a green bean :)

Maybe that is why your mommy is making such wonderful sweater vests - to keep you warm from eating frozen beans

Smushie Ranch said...

Poor Emmitt. Now your gonna have fartcicles... bol! Nex time, have your mom and dad make ya some hot tea to go with your frozen green beans.

Love,
Stella, Gunther and Betty

Becky said...

I'm sorry you didn't feel well after that episode. It did make me laugh though. Don't make that mistake again, promise?

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh Emmitt
I am so thankful you did not turn into an ice berg! I am happy you know you thawed out.
How mighty scary is that!
The only thing that comes to my memory is when i ate the light bulb and I had to eat 10 pieces of white bread to help it along its way. I don't think I ate the next day.
love
tweedles

Dana Orsborn said...

That's a lot of green beans!
I bet they were delicious before
the pug brain freeze set in.
Penny and I hope you have
a great weekend!

-Dana & Penny

Salinger The Pug said...

HAHAHAHAHAA!!! Mom is LOL-ing so hard right now!!! What a great bloggie entry!

Yeah, we think the magic "warmer upper machine" on the counter would be a big help for you.

We're glad you got over your tummy freeze from the green bean-sicle!

Love,
S-Dog

Nancy at the Farm said...

You seriously need to keep your pawrents away from each other. Please work on this otherwise your snackies are going to dry up! We can send you some more green beans but they won't be frozen when they get to you. This is a terrible problem!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper