Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tunisian Crochet - Ollie the Parrotlet Doll


Happy Monday everyone!

I am so excited to show you the new Tunisian Crochet project I just did!

I made him up for a special Valentine's Day gift for Melanie!

It was so FUN to create from the top of his head down to his cute little bendable toes!



I wrapped wool yarn around floral wire to create his feet so that they would bend and hold the weight of the doll while standing.



... and I added needle felting accents to his forehead, eyebrows and cheeks to create his texture and expressions.




His body was done with the Tunisian crochet - simple stitch 
I love the woven like fabric it creates!



... and his wings were created in single crochet with my regular crochet hook. :)





I gave him to Melly on Valentine's Day and she just loved him!

I think the hardest thing about making my gifts is keeping them a secret! :)

I kept wanting to send Melly photos of him while I was making him!

I was pretty proud of myself for keeping him a surprise!

Tee Hee!

Did you make any gifts, either food or crafty items for gifts this year?

Please leave me a note and tell me all about them!

I am excited to hear what you created!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee

4 comments:

Meredith LeBlanc said...

I think when you want to keep the gifts you make, they're that much more special. This is darling!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Laura said...

Well, if this isn't the most adorable little creation ever! Love it, and I'm sure Melanie loved it so much!

Sketching with Dogs said...

He is so cute! I bet Melanie has him in pride of place.
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh we love baby birdie-- and we know what you mean by secrets!
love
twee