Monday, May 16, 2011

New Terrariums ~ May 2011

Happy Monday everyone!


Archie & I had so much fun this weekend getting our paws dirty!


As Fred started working in his outdoor garden, I brought my dirt indoors to play with!




Look at all of these new terrariums I made to put in my kitchen!




I bought a few neat glass jars at Good Will for about $3 and then used a few sugar, salad dressing and canning jars I had in my cupboards to make my little moss gardens!



I got the clay mushrooms from a shop on etsy called Jade Flower and the moss came from my dear friend Georgie in OR and my favorite etsy shop Teresa's Plants & More!


I also found a few sea shells I have picked up on vacations over the years and placed them inside to look like little snails. :)











They were so fun to make, and I really do not have to anything to keep them alive and green!


I just make sure they are moist by lightly spraying them with a water bottle every few weeks.


It is very important that you do not over water them.


The terrariums have their own little eco-environment in there with the cap on to retain the moisture even a mile up here in Colorado!


It is the perfect little garden for me to not kill, and I get to enjoy them while I am indoors! :)


What fun things are you planting this season indoors and out?


Please leave a note and tell me all about it!


I cannot wait to hear!


xoxoxo


Melissa & Archie Poo Pants



6 comments:

The WriggleButts said...

They are super cute, Melissa!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Dirty paws are fun paws, I say! Those are wonderful :)

xoxo
Meredith & Scarlet

The Daily Pip said...

Hi - Just wanted to tell you that you inspired us to take up some crafting. We always love all your cute little animals, fruit, etc. and wish we could make similar things.

I have tried knitting and have never been able to master it. However, I have always wanted to try needle felting so this weekend I bought a kit! I just love it and am half way through my first animal - a little elephant.

Pip's mom Kristin

zenmasterlars said...

These are absolutely adorable!!!! I love them! :) I hope you are having tons of fun with that cutie pup Archie! I LOVE his little photos :)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh the world is so mysterious
in the land of the moss!
Where magical creatures
and mushrooms
spring to life
from where they sleep
they awaken
to play hide and seek
from behind pebbles and stones
and surprise you!
The mossy terrariums are beautiful!
love
twee

Sketching with Dogs said...

Those terraniums look so mysterious, like little miniature jungles.
Love them!
Lynne xx