Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunday was Sew Fun Day!

I had so much fun yesterday. I do not know where the idea came from, but I decided that Melanie and I needed organizers in the form of Craft Show Aprons to make change and pass out lots of business cards at our upcoming 2008 shows.

So I pulled out all of my fabrics that Melanie and I bought last year and picked out two.

Then I spent time designing the overall size, pocket sizes and how I was going to atttach the ties.

I decided on 3 pockets and a sleeve at the top where I thread through 1" cotton webbing so that it could be easily removed or changed out.


2 aprons complete!

It felt great to use my sewing machine again. My seams are getting alot straighter. :)

So if that was not enough, ( I think I had one too many cups of coffee yesterday morning), I started a second blog on Wordpress.com for Pug Notes. It is my Exciting News Announcement Board.

It started off as a curiosity about the Wordpress interface and turned into a great place to keep all of my Good News about Pug Notes. :)

This will still be my main blog, nothing has changed. :) I am getting used to the dashboard on Wordpress, but I think Blogger is much easier to edit the HTML and to add cool widgets.

When you have a chance, come and visit and tell me what you think... http://pugnotes.wordpress.com/

7 comments:

Ruth Welter said...

Love the little fanny packs you and your sister made Melissa...very pretty. I bet they would sell well on ETSY too, just something you might want to keep in mind. : )

Nevis said...

I love the beautiful aprons. And I use WordPress so if you have any questions, I can try and help. But no, WordPress does not let you do all the little widgets unless you ahve a pay-account. Personally, I like the clean lines of a WordPress account, and leaving comments is easier. This pop-up comment box somewhat annoys me, as well as having to enter a word verification thingie.

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa...

those aprons ROCK!!!! wow...now you make me want to start sewing...hehehe

I checked out your wordpress blog and it looks fantastic...(like I would expect less from you)

have a wonderful night...

Cheers,
Diana

The Devil Dog said...

Those aprons are very cute. And functional. Mom will check out your board. Glad you bought a raffle ticket. It would be great if you won.

Roxy

Unknown said...

Look at you sew, girl!!! Awesome! I think they look very professional. I haven't used my sewing machine in a couple of weeks. (Too much painting.) I need to paint more before I can play with it, though. For now, I will enjoy what you are doing.

Weeny&Daisy said...

wowee arent you clever making those belt thingys all by yourself! they look great and i'm sure they will be very useful! The other bloggy is a great idea and looks fab :)

love liv

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love your choice of fabrics, so cool!!!!