Tuesday, April 10, 2007





Process of painting my Pugs
I am so excited about the two new pug paintings I did this week, A57 and A58. You may easily view them and my new products on my website http://www.pugnotes.com/new.htm


I documented stages of the painting to show you how I do it. I start with a 8 x 10 x 3/4 piece of hemlock wood and sketch my pug in pencil. Then I decide whether he will be a black or fawn pug and start painting in the head and body. I work on the shading of the fur as I go. I often add a bit more shading at the end of the process but most of it is put down in this stage. I then move on to ears, eyes, muzzle, nose and mouth. I usually paint in the background before i put in the final wrinkles and shading. Voila! He is a new pug in the Pug Notes family.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the process! What a great painting.

Jen :o)