Friday, December 15, 2006


Reggie the Raccoon
When I was about 12 years old, I took a Home Ec class that scared me away from sewing machines until my 38th birthday. :) I was so afraid of ruining the project, that I pretty much hand sewed the whole thing and my teacher helped me with the machine sewing. I know she was just trying to help, but i did not learn a thing.
So, the first thing I did after receiving my sewing machine for my birthday was to try and find the cartoon pillow kits we made in home ec that year. I could not believe it when I found them online! http://www.haan.com/
My project back in 1979/80 was the turtle. Today, I just finished the raccoon, and it was fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! :o)

Jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks to this post I now know I wasn't dreaming about these pillow kits from back in middle school! And the funny thing is I did the turtle one back when I was in middle school too! :) Seeing them on this website totally made me want to try again...I have a feeling they might turn out a littler prettier this time around. Thanks so much!