Monday, June 29, 2015

A World of Wonders ~ Come and Color with Me & R-Chee!



Happy Monday everyone!

R-Chee & I love to color to just relax sometimes!  You can color on anything and make a special thought, feeling or character pop to life right before your very eyes!

I love turning junk mail into little canvases to color on.
It is a wonderful way to recycle messages people are offering that would otherwise be thrown away.

He was so FUN & Easy to make!


To create him...

I lightly painted a coat of gesso on a junk mail postcard mailer and let some of the background still show through.

After the gesso dried, I painted a light wash of watercolor over the gesso to add some color and let it pool to form water stained blobs to find a character in to bring out.

After turning the page this way and that to create some interesting shapes, I let it dry and pulled out my pencil and found a little fox to color in!

I pulled out my Neocolor 1 & 2 Wax crayons and started coloring him in.

He started to come to life and I finished his features with a bit of outlining with a black ink permanent marker.

The final step was to get out my old magazines and paste and cut out letters to form a message he was calling out loud and clear!

After our new friend appeared before our eyes & we heard him as he exclaimed... 

We LIVE in a...

"World of Wonders"

Wax Crayons, Ink & Collage on paper

Melissa Langer ~ 2015





"World of Wonders!"


What a smart message!


We are all here appreciate everything around us!


What things will you appreciate today?

A flower?
Blue Skies?
Clean, Fresh Air?


Please leave us a note and let us know!

We cannot wait to hear all about it!

xoxoox
Melissa & R-Chee


3 comments:

Samantha said...

That is beautiful! Xoxo MaddiethePug

Sketching with Dogs said...

He just makes me smile, what a great drawing!
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You made more magic!!!! Oh we love to see what you create!
You are soooo fun!
love
tweedles