Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Memories ~ A Rainbow of Warm & Wooly Houses

 

Happy Monday everyone!

Now that we are home from our road trip into the mountains, I thought it would be FUN to make some Wool Houses to add to the village Melanie and I are making! :)




I got the idea to make these from a memory I have of the rows and rows of beautiful houses my twin sister, Melanie, and I saw when we were in Norway in the early 90's together.

We took a 2 month backpacking trip overseas right when we graduated from college.

It was a magical experience and Mel and I still often talk about all the things we saw in every city we visited.

We stayed in youth hostels and lived out of our packs.  
It was an amazing adventure that we took and now share wonderful memories of together.








I really do find that everything we do, create and share is art from our hearts that we share with each other like warm hugs everyday.


Life is Art... Art is Life!

What FUN things did you do & see today?

Please leave us a note and let us know.

We cannot wait to hear all about them!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! ~ Beautifully created wool houses and so colorful ~ Great work ~ thanks, carol ^_^

Sketching with Dogs said...

They are so gorgeous and echo the real houses wonderfully!
How pretty are those houses there.
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We love the rainbow houses, they are so happy.
And do you know what? mommys heritage came from Norway 100 years ago. Isn't that amazing?
love
twee

Dana Orsborn said...

Bruce, Daisy and I love these!
We love seeing what you two are going
to create next! We hope you have
a great Tuesday!

-Dana, Daisy & Bruce

Zena said...

So very nice, those houses are so lovely, what a great inspiration

Unknown said...

These are really fun. The fun things that I have been seeing are the bright colors of fall. I grew up in a southern state when trees seemed to go directly from green to dull without the brilliant change that I see here in New England.

My comments on Blogger seem to be tied to my Google+ account. click here for my blog