Wednesday, May 09, 2012

New Pug Painting (A82) ~ I Smell Something Good!


Happy Wednesday everyone!

Archie and I are so excited to show you another new painting we just finished! :)

This little puggy just got a sniff of a wafting scent coming from the kitchen!

He is on high alert for fresh baked treats!

We imagine this is how the puggies look all the time at Pugs In The Kitchen located in IN.

They are a wonderful 100% natural and made with love dog bakery that now ships their cookies around the whole USA!

Archie just loves their cookies, and we know you will too!

I just love the expression on this close up pug painting!

I took lots of photos for you as I painted it to see it come to life!


Pencil sketch on wood

The acrylic paint has begun to be applied.

I fill in each of the areas with color and then begin the shading.

After the pug is the way I like him, I fill in the background and the final touch are the fine lines to make him pop to life!


Ta Da!


Archie approves but insists he does not get mesmerized by wafting smells. :)

Ok... R-Chee

I believe you... really I do!

tee hee!

This little puggy is now pug design A82 on my website and is now available for you all to enjoy on all of my products where you can choose the design.

xoxoox
Melissa

7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

How adorable! You do such awesome work, Melissa!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Um, we're not sure we believe R-Chee doesn't get mesmerized...

But we do believe that we love this painting!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Sketching with Dogs said...

Great painting, Archie is a terrific model!
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

tubby3pug said...

Its going to be beautiful

urban hounds

LindyLou4U said...

This is sooo wonderful! Melissa you ARE such a great artist and we so appreciate your work.
xoxox

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Archie that puggie looks just like YOU! And I do believe you are sniffing those cookies, and now I wonder did you get one?
The painting is beautious, and we love watching each step on how it comes alive! Look at that cute mouth- just waiting so patiently for one of those cookies!
Your momma is amazing Archie- cause even with the steps on how to do it- we still couldn't! Your momma is magic!
And I need to order some of those cookies too!
love
twee

Joan Princing Art said...

Another adorable Puggy painting!! Boy oh boy, Archie is growing SO fast. Where in the world does the time go??? Sending you tons of hugs,
Joan & Janie Poo. (and McKenna, too.)