Monday, January 02, 2012

The Train has left the Station!



Happy New Year everyone!

The beginning of the year is a wonderful time to make room for all the new things you want to learn and do!

My husband Fred just disassembled the model train he built over the last couple of years and sold the parts on Ebay right before Christmas so that someone could get a great deal on breaking into a new hobby that he really enjoyed learning.

He has been having so much fun with his photography that he realized it was time to make some space in the basement for creating a photo studio for himself this year.


I am so proud of him and of all of the art he is creating and sharing!


Here are a few shots of how his model train village looked before he broke it down...



I cannot wait to see what he creates next!

He inspires me everyday!


What fun things are you planning on learning and creating this year?


Please leave us a note and let us know!


We cannot wait to hear all about them!


Have a wonderful Monday everyone!


xoxoxoxo

m & a

10 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

We wish Fred all the sucess in the world, he is a fantastic photographer!
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Pug Hugs, P@ul@ said...

Fred will have such fun putting together his photography studio. I am a photography hobbyist myself. Besides my pug and photography, I love perennial gardening for hummingbirds. All of these things combined are my mind's peacekeepers. Will be adding much to my hummingbird gardens this year. Happy New Year!

Tucker and Lola said...

What a wonderful train set and I wish him the best of luck with his new hobby!

Laura said...

Three cheers for Fred! My hubby would have had a very difficult time giving up the train! I look forward to more of his photography!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We have been wondering about that beautiful model train setup. So much work, Mom wonders how he could part with it. But his photography is so good, best to move on to something new and fun.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

The Daily Pip said...

Wow, that's an amazing train set up! What a creative family you are!

Your pal, Pip

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Fred did such a fantastic job on the train set up and now someone else will be enjoying all that hard work! That is so prefect to create something, and give someone else to a enjoy a passion in their heart. It was the right time for Fred to stretch his wings and enjoy photography and soar to new levels.. and time for someone else to open their mind- and take what Fred created and enjoy it.
love
twee

Too Cute Pugs said...

We love the train set up! Daddy likes to paint miniature soldiers and tanks and there is a hobby store he visits that is right in front of some train tracks. The guys who work there LOVE model trains and often sit outside watching the real trains go by.

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Hank said...

I love model train setups. Hopefully, Fred wasn't too sad to see it go. :(

Looking forward to more of his superb photography!

Sarah

Opaka said...

My human has been having a lot of fun learning how to make amigurumi and wants to do a lot more. She's just created her own art room and loves having the space for herself. I'm sure Fred must be loving having more space for his new pursuit too.