Friday, October 22, 2010

Quilt-A-Fair 2010



Happy Friday everyone!
Melanie and I had so much fun at this year's Quilt-A-Fair show!
It is our favorite show of the year and we always find so many treasures to take home with us!

Look at all of this fabric and this is just one of the hundreds of booths to shop at!

We were like kids in a candy shop I tell ya!



Here are just a few of the fabrics I found and I even found this vintage crocheted dog for my collection!
Isn't he fabulous?
I picked him up the second I saw him! He was only $3.50 if you can believe it!


... and this little puggy doll and owl are from Japan.



Melanie even found a pair of wool mittens made from upcycled felted sweaters.
They match the fabulous teddy bears she makes and sells in her Etsy Shop!

... and at the end of the day, I surprised Melly with this quilted teddy bear to add to her collection.
We both found everything we wanted and more!


We cannot wait until next year!
What fun things do you have planned for this weekend?
Please leave us a note and tell us all about it!
We cannot wait to hear!
xoxoxo
m & e

11 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh wow, what fantastic fabrics, how I wish America was around the corner instead of 6000 miles away, lol.
I love your little treasures, you sisters are adorable x
Wags, Dip Bridge Elliot and Lynne xx

Wilma said...

Oh, I just love all the beautiful things you found. Mom and Dad are planting the garlic this weekend. Us pugs are going to our meet up Halloween Party!

Stubby said...

Hi Melissa & Emmitt! Mom is drooling over all the beautiful fabrics. She started working on a quilt last year and then got too busy to finish it. Maybe your post will inspire her to pick it up again.

I don't have any plans for the weekend other than staying in the house because it's going to rain. I see lots of movies and snuggling in my future!

Stubby xoxo

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh how the Momster wishes she had both the know-how and the time to quilt. We just love that vintage crocheted puppy - wonder how hard that would be to make - you got a real bargain with that purchase:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Salinger The Pug said...

SUCH a cute pic of you two!!!

WOw...that quilt show looks like FUN!

Ooohhhh we really like those mittens!!!!

Have a great weekend!

Love,
S-Dog

Diane said...

Look at all of that wonderful fabric! One could get a little carried away, I'm sure. Love the pic of the two of you...very cute!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo Diane

Joan Princing Art said...

Oh my gosh!! Kids in a candy store for sure!!! Looks WONDERFUL. I love that vintage dog!! SO CUTE!
Have a fun day.
Joan & Jane Austen-Eyre

Molly the Airedale said...

Our mom would have definitely maxed out her plastic card! What great finds! We love the picture of the two sissies!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dana Orsborn said...

Hi Melissa!

The Quilt Fair looked like so much
fun! I bet they had a ton of craft
materials. Daisy and I are glad you
and Melanie had a great time.

Daisy and I are going pumpkin
shopping this weekend. We can't wait
to find a big pumpkin to carve.

We hope you have a great weekend!

-Dana & Daisy

Laura said...

Oh, I want to go to something fun like this! LOVE those mittens, and the goodies you got, Melissa!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We would have the bestest time in the world to go to these fun places with you.
The photo of the two of you is so precious. What fun memories you make with each other.
We love all the treasures you found. Was your car big enough to haul it all home?
We love the mittens. I wonder if they would fit me?
love
tweee