Friday, October 16, 2009

Mother Bear Project Ornaments 2009!



Hi Everyone!

Emmitt here!

I am so excited because my mom just found out a way I can help the Mother Bear Project without even knowing how to crochet or knit!

Amy B., the founder of the Mother Bear Project, has been knitting bear ornaments non-stop for a year to help raise funds to send the bears to Africa.

I just bought 2! One for me and and one for my Corgi cousin, Moe. Actually Momma and Auntie Melanie said they would keep them safe and clean for us by hanging them above doggie level, but we can look at them whenever we want! :)

Here are the bear ornaments and they are only $20 which includes shipping!

You even get to pick whether you want bright colors or candy cane stripe colors.

If you would like a bear ornament too, please click here.


In other fun crochet news, Momma just got this photo from Knit-A-Square in South Africa that her Lion and Elephant squares made it there safely and will be sewn into dozens of blankets with other wonderful squares to keep the children warm!


and... here is a sneek peek at the new sweater she is crocheting.

She hopes to maybe even finish it this weekend. What are you all up to this weekend?

Personally, I plan to make mini meatloaves and watch football with my dad.

The Broncos are 5-0 this season!

I have my new sweater on that just happens to be blue and orange just like the Broncos.

See I am cheering already and the game hasn't even started yet!

xoxoxoxo

Emmitt ~ Over and Out

14 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Those little bears are so cute and we love the colors in the new sweater project. Wish we could say we are going to root for our team, but the Chiefs are really doing so poorly.

Have a great weekend, the OP Pack

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

I am telling Dad and Mom to get me a bear too! They are so cute! candy of course becasue it will look yummys!

Min i meatloaves sound good...we hope to go to a pug meet up if its not too muddy and rainy here (which is rare!)

Have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

I love those little bear ornaments!

Emmy, you look so cute in your sweater!

Winston Wilbur said...

What a great idea and they make a wonderful gift to give.

Fannie said...

bear ornaments, sweater, giving, all wonderful, Melissa! Enjoy the clever writing, too. Visiting you always makes my heart sing. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I get tired just looking at all of your amazing work Melissa!!! you are so creative and you have one of the biggest hearts!!! bless you!!!

Hugs
Diana

Anonymous said...

Look at all those fun animal faces! :)


Yay for the bronocs. :)

Laura said...

I'm glad you have that warm sweater for the cold weather you're going to get this winter! Love those lion squares the best!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

YUM!

Meatloaf!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: We like the new projekht's kholours too!

Paula said...

Emmitt your sweater matches Bronco colors perfectly, but no matter what you have on you are just to cute. We've got a party this weekend on Steelers game day, hmm, maybe I will make Bandit, Paisley, and SMokey something new to match their team too.

Liss said...

those bears are adorable. This weekend I'm going to a pumpkin festival with one of my friends. There's supposed to be more than 150 crafters there, I'm excited.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Such adorable little bears Emmitt, just like you. What a GRAND idea. You are soo adorable in that sweater. Is your mom making a pink one???
Enjoy yout meat loaf and hanging out with your dad!
love
tweedles

dw said...

Oh those bears are so cute! And of course Emmitt is so cute, too, especially looking expectantly into the camera! Got treats? :)

Joan Princing Art said...

Emmitt's Pug Sweater is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! You did a GREAT job!! Love it!
Boy you are SO talented!!!!