Thursday, October 22, 2009

Heart Squares for Charity





Happy Thursday everyone!

Emmitt and I are having so much fun making these heart squares for Knit-A-Square.

The October 2009 Challenge is to create squares from your scrap yarn. I found two great free patterns that work perfectly. The first of the two patterns are these fun heart squares.

I will show you the second pattern tomorrow and the squares I have made from it so far.

I am so excited to show it to you! It is now my new favorite square pattern to crochet! :)

12 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom sure wishes she knew how to crochet! What a beautiful blankie this is going to make, Melissa!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for the fun share, I am going to check it out!

Manon said...

Ooooh ... these heart squares warm my heart!!! I love them!!

Manon said...

Btw... I just ordered two bears from the Mother Bear Project!! Can't wait to get them!!

Mia said...

The heart squares are great!!!

Thank you for the healing thoughts adn prayers. We had a peaceful night adn Ryan said she was up and moving this morning. Even attacked the water dish. Hopefully the worst is passed!!

Jess

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

The heart square is very pretty. I was fascinated by the way it is made, having always wondered how to get that appliqued look. You will have to show how you join your squares.

Mare said...

Oh these are so sweet Melissa!

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Those are so cute!! I wish it didn't take me weeks to complete one square (dishcloth)!!
xo

Linda O'Neill said...

You are amazingly prolific! Love these!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How khute!

Once again, such pawesome stuff woo do!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Laura said...

So cute! Remind me again where you get your extra 6 hours in a day?